Thursday, November 4, 2010

Twitter: A Love Story

I joined Twitter this week. I didn't do it because I think everyone wants to hear what I have to say. I did it because I can follow literary agents, publishers, and anyone else of interest in the industry. And whether I like it or not, it is a great marketing tool.

I still have little idea on how it works, but I'd like to invite you all to follow along. You can find me, I think, at http://twitter.com/kelceymckinley

If you think my words are worth the eye damage the glow of the computer screen creates, share my blog with others. Tell everyone I'm a twitterer, or a tweeter, or whatever it is called. (I feel like John McCain. Next thing you know, I'm going to buy one of those Google machines.) Share it with everyone you know. I can't build a base without you. If I'm going to make it, I'm going to make it with all of you by my side. Don't think you don't play a part in my success, because you do.

<Turning the lights down low, cueing music, clearing throat, speaking with a deep voice>: Let's make this love of stories story together.

To anyone who is reading this, know you are the Barbara Hershey to my Bette Midler. And I don't mean that in a gay way. Or in a let's buy a house together way. Or in a way that suggests you're going to get an incurable disease, and I'm going to have to sing a song about it. I mean it in the only way possible: "You are the wind beneath my wings."

I promise to never use that line again. I still feel a little cliche' and average having used it once.

No comments:

Post a Comment