Monday, November 15, 2010

Decision Points

It is important that difficult scenarios always be discussed with your significant other.

For instance, my wife and I decided that we should be on each other's personal financial accounts, incase something horrible should befall either of us.

I let my wife know that if she is in the hospital, and I'm not by her side because I'm not considered a family member, to know that I am doing all I can to be with her. That that much is always understood.

If someone comes into our place of work, guns blazing, she should exit the building using the door right by her desk and run due east. She should not come find me so we can get out together. If I can't make it to an exit, I will throw a chair through the window and come find her. (I have thought about keeping a bowling ball at work for this very purpose.)

We will always stay put if we become lost while hiking.

If we are separated due to a natural disaster, I am focusing all my energy on getting to her.

And last night, I let my wife know that if I ever turn into a zombie, she has my permission to shoot me in the head. I know it would be hard to do, but it's not me anyway. And if I am still in there somewhere, I would hate myself if I turned on her because I was hungry.

It's always good to have a plan. Because when your spouse is coming towards you with that look in her eye--that look that says she is going to do everything she can to rip you open and eat your intestines--and you haven't discussed what to do, your trigger finger may falter. No one wants that.

1 comment: