Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rejection...

...happens to me frequently. Thankfully, I have someone in my life who believes in me like the streams believe in mountain snow to sustain their bubbly flow.

Granted, I do have my days. From time to time I permit myself one day to let the rejections sink in; to grab onto their meaning and let them steer as they take me places I don't recognize. As I drift into the heavy thickness, my wife is always there to snatch and bring me back. I never invite my wife to my pity parties but she always shows up, throws the cake on the floor, pops all the balloons, and beats the shit out of the DJ.

If you want to pursue something that requires competition, that requires overcoming close to impossible odds, your resolve must run like cement through your veins, pumping into your heart like tiny shots of belief. Perseverance must become your bff. And above all, you must know quitting is crazy talk.

But if you have a day when none of that works, having someone reflecting (back to you) what they know you already are makes all the doubt evaporate like silly steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment