Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To the Death

It is no secret that when it comes to guilty pleasures, Gossip Girl is at the top of my list (see post titled, "Guilty Pleasures").

On last week's episode, Dan--the writer--had an interview for an internship with Writers House, one of the premiere literary agencies in New York City. (I have been rejected by two of their agents: one by way of a form rejection, and the other by way of a really sweet, personalized rejection.) Dan ends up missing his interview because he waits for Serena, who has promised to meet him.

You're a dumbass, Dan.

But then if Dan were real, he would have never waited. Nothing would have been more important than his interview with Writers House. Not even the death of his mother.

Last night's episode featured the name dropping of Lorrie Moore. I couldn't believe it. Of all the authors in the world, Lorrie Moore! I was so happy for her. Her book is featured on my web page, being read by my literary minded basset. And yes, the picture was there before the episode aired.

As silly as Gossip Girl oftentimes seems, it really is on the cutting edge of fashion, music--Florence and the Machine are going to be on next week!? No way!--and now, writers. They can keep rehashing their story lines. I don't care. Because as long as they keep surprising me with their knowledge of the writing industry, I'll defend Gossip Girl to the death!

No comments:

Post a Comment