Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hello, iPhone

The iPhone officially went on sale, this morning at 1:00 a.m. mountain time, for Verizon customers.

Was it hard for me to sleep last night? Yes.

Did I wake up a little after midnight, fall back asleep and dream about ordering an iPhone, and then wake up again at 1:14--in the a.m.--to drag my sleepy body across the cold bedroom, into the bathroom where I had my MacBook standing by for ordering purposes? Yeah, I probably did.

Did I panic when Verizon (online) wouldn't let me transfer the upgrade from my wife's phone to mine in order to get the iPhone? Yes. And did I try calling customer service at 1:30 in the morning? You betcha <insert Palin-style wink> I did. But they don't start assisting customers until 6:00 in the morning.

I realize I might have a problem.

But I can't help it. Or maybe I can but I don't want to. I'm addicted to technology. I'm especially addicted to Apple products. It started with the iPod Nano and I haven't looked back. iPod Shuffle, iPod Touch, MacBook. Plain and simple: Apple doesn't make shitty products. If they were made in the US, they would be perfection.

I used to have the Blackberry Storm. What a piece of shit. My wife has a different Blackberry and I hate it. (Stupid rolly-ball gadget thingy!) I have looked forward to having an iPhone in my hot little hand for years. Come next Thursday, Apple can release a statement, officially recognizing me as their bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment