Monday, October 11, 2010

Waiting

I'm working on sending out more queries.

Just because an agent requested to see my manuscript is no guarantee he/she will want to represent me. I read recently that an agent requested to see 125 manuscripts in a single year. He/she ended up representing two. So I continue to move forward as if nothing has happened.

When I think about it, nothing really has happened. Waiting for something to happen feels strange and exhilarating and depressing all at the same time.

The numbers will never be in my favor. But still, an agent's eyes are/will be reading my words and that still feels oddly incredible. If I could convince my heart to stop trying to climb up my throat and right on out of my mouth so it can get a better view of what's to come, I think I would feel relatively calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment