Friday, October 22, 2010

Unfocused

I have a variety of things I am trying to do right now, like I can do them all at the same time:

Writing another novel. Rewriting my synopsis. Perfecting a query for an agent. Chatting with a couple of friends. And now this.

I'm struggling with focus right now. I should pick one thing and get it done, then move on to another. But for some reason, that's not happening.

Is it the weather? I wish. I would just pull the blinds.

Is it my diet? If only. I would just stop eating.

Is it because I want everything to happen right now? Probably.

Writing is not only a solitary profession, it also requires perseverance. If any of you out there find you're reading this because you're putting something off, remember that time is going to pass regardless of what you do with it. Our time here is short, and we all have things to do.

So let's stop putting off what we know we should be doing. Like checking our gmail and checking our yahoo mail and checking out the Daily Beast for today's top stories and looking at the weather cam to see if it's snowing and checking our cell phones for any missed texts!

No comments:

Post a Comment