Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Don't Mess with Mothers

My little hands don't ball into tiny fists over nothing. My nostrils don't flare for the mundane. My lips don't create an airtight seal over spilled milk. Something extreme needs to ruffle my ire for these things to happen. So, well done, ADT. You're next on the Asshole List.

ADT, the alarm/security system company, tries to feed the fear monster living under the bed. Their commercial is laughable.

The sun is high in the sky. Light shines through the windows. What could go wrong on such a beautiful summer day?

Everything when a mother is left home alone with her young child.

Cue scary music and sounds! Unleash the masked men! Oh, golly gee. Someone is trying to jimmy open a window. There's glass breaking. My husband isn't home to protect me. Cue mother soiling pants. Cue mother turning into a heap of cowardice. Help me, ADT.

Bu-ull.

Shit.

The mothers I know wouldn't cower at being faced with an intruder, in the middle of the day, while their child is at their side. The mothers I know would grab the nearest weapon - preferably a kitchen knife - and chop up some dumbass-motherfucking-thief for dinner.

Hey, ADT! Stop showing women as prey, ripe for the picking, as dainty creatures that need to be protected. The mothers I know will jump off a building, into a tank of sharks, and swim through a sewage treatment plant to protect their children.

Rambo ain't got shit on the mothers I know.

Face it, ADT. You'd get there far too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment