Monday, April 4, 2011

Beans and Franks

I want to make something very clear: if you're not a woman and you elude to working with a group of women as something you deserve an award for, something you're lucky to have lived through, you're an ass.

Over the weekend, I listened to a young man explain to his audience what had been keeping him busy: I directed seven black women in the play _____, was in the show _____, and then directed fifteen women in _____. Look at what I have had to put up with. Am I right? Tell me about it! Hardy-hilarious-har.

What's that, motherfucker!?

Can we be done with this kind of rhetoric already? The concept that woman are difficult in large groups to a member of the opposite sex is overdone. And it's insulting. It reeks of a man's laziness and/or inability to make a connection to anyone whose beans and franks he can't measure-up in a bathroom.

So, ha ha. You're a funny guy. But your beans and franks stole the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment